High impact, thermoplastic sheet with integral pearlescent effect, specifically formulated to meet low heat release requirements and improve passenger safety.
KYDEX® 6523HI was designed to provide material deformation when used in components subject to the HIC test (Head Injury Criterion) – increasing passenger safety. It meets flammability and smoke development requirements outlined in Federal Aviation Regulations 25.853 paragraphs (a) and (d).
- Seat parts
- Seatback shells
- Tray tables
- Monitor shrouds
- Bulkhead laminates
- Improved impact properties over traditional thermoplastics for HIC compliance seating requirements
- Reduce cost of compliance by decreasing the total number of expensive and time consuming 16g tests required
- Increase design freedom to create more complex seat geometries
- Decrease weight by eliminating the need for heavy reinforcements or thick gauges
- Meets the stringent requirements of FAR 25.853 paragraph (d) in all thicknesses and colours
- Excellent formability and fabrication characteristics
- Processes similar to KYDEX® 6503
- Allows for tight tolerance control
- Available in a wide range of colors